We are open!
We are delighted to announce that following the latest government guidance Orleans House Gallery is now open to the public.
To make your visit as safe as possible please make note of the guidelines below:
- As per Government restrictions, face coverings are compulsory and must be worn inside the gallery and café, unless you are exempt. Exemption badges are available at the front desk.
- Inside the gallery you should only visit with members of your own household. Please maintain social distancing from others outside of your household.
- In certain areas of Orleans House Gallery, a one-way system will be required. Please follow the directional signage.
- We have increased the cleaning of our public spaces to keep visitors safe.
- Capacities in certain areas will be limited so we may ask you to wait before entering some spaces.
- Hand sanitiser locations are available throughout our buildings.
- To support the NHS Track and Trace system, we will be taking visitors’ names and contact numbers on arrival. There is a QR code to use the NHS app or alternatively you can sign in using our paper form. Details will be stored separately and securely and disposed of after 21 days. Within the 21 days, we will only share the details with the NHS Tracing team, and only if they request it. We only require one person from your group to sign in.
Orleans House Gallery
020 8831 6000
The gallery is open Tuesday to Sunday, 10am–5pm.
Last entry is 4.45pm.
If you are visiting especially to see the Octagon Room or a particular exhibition please contact us in advance as certain spaces are occasionally used for workshops or closed for private events.
Orleans House Gallery and the Stables Gallery are free to visit however donations are welcome.
If you would like to bring a group to the gallery please contact us at:
|Thursday 24 December||OPEN||CLOSED|
|Friday 25 December||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Saturday 26 December||CLOSED||OPEN|
|Sunday 27 December||CLOSED||OPEN|
|Monday 28 December||CLOSED||OPEN|
|Tuesday 29 December||OPEN||OPEN|
|Wednesday 30 December||OPEN||OPEN|
|Thursday 31 December||OPEN||OPEN|
|Saturday 1 January||CLOSED||OPEN|
Train and London Underground
St Margarets, Twickenham and Richmond can be easily reached with direct trains from Waterloo.
From Richmond: 33, 490, H22, R68, R70.
From Twickenham: 33, 490, H22, R68, R70
The gallery is just a short walk from St Margarets train station. There are also footpath routes available for visitors who are walking.
Limited free car parking space is available within the grounds. Vehicle access via Orleans Road only. For navigation devices please use Orleans Road and continue along turning into Riverside. There is no vehicle access via Lebanon Park Road. Coach drop off is at Richmond Road/Marble Hill House Car Park.
Access to the Orleans House Gallery car park can be limited due to high tides. Please ensure you check the tide times before you visit, please visit the Port of London Authority website and search High tides at Richmond Bridge.