We are pleased to announce that Orleans House Gallery, shop and café are open to visitors. For your safety we have made the following changes to your visit:
- Orleans House Gallery is now in tier two restrictions. Our reduced capacity allows visitors to enjoy the gallery whilst keeping a safe distance from others. Tier two restrictions mean all visitors must stay socially distanced, unless they are from the same household or in a support bubble.
- As per Government restrictions, face coverings are now compulsory for adults and children over 11 years of age.
- In certain areas of Orleans House Gallery, a one-way system is in operation. Please follow the directional signage.
- We have increased the cleaning of our public spaces to keep visitors safe.
- Capacities in certain areas will be limited so we may ask you to wait before entering some spaces.
- Hand sanitiser locations will be available throughout our buildings.
- As from Thursday 24th September we will be using the new NHS COVID-19 QR code for track and trace. It will be available to scan at entrance doors and reception desks in the main building, the Stables Gallery and the Stables Cafe. It will require visitors to download the new NHS COVID-19 app on their smart phone.
- For visitors who do not have access to a smart phone, we will be continuing to take visitors’ names and contact numbers on arrival. For large groups we will ask for just the lead member’s contact details. Details will be stored separately and securely and disposed of after 21 days. Within the 21 days, we will only share the details with the NHS Tracing team, and only if they request it.
Orleans House Gallery
020 8831 6000
Please note our registered post code is TW1 3DJ. This should not be used for navigation.
The gallery is open Tuesday to Sunday, 10am–5pm.
Last entry is 4.45pm.
If you are visiting especially to see the Octagon Room or a particular exhibition please contact us in advance as certain spaces are occasionally used for workshops or closed for private events.
Orleans House Gallery and the Stables Gallery are free to visit however donations are welcome.
If you would like to bring a group to the gallery please contact us at:
Train and London Underground
St Margarets, Twickenham and Richmond can be easily reached with direct trains from Waterloo.
From Richmond: 33, 490, H22, R68, R70.
From Twickenham: 33, 490, H22, R68, R70
The gallery is just a short walk from St Margarets train station. There are also footpath routes available for visitors who are walking.
Limited free car parking space is available within the grounds. Vehicle access via Orleans Road only. For navigation devices please use Orleans Road and continue along turning into Riverside. There is no vehicle access via Lebanon Park Road. Coach drop off is at Richmond Road/Marble Hill House Car Park.
Please note from the 12th – 16th October there will be works on Orleans Road and vehicle access to the gallery may be restricted
Access to the Orleans House Gallery car park can be limited due to high tides. Please ensure you check the tide times before you visit, please visit the Port of London Authority website and search High tides at Richmond Bridge.