Baby Mindful - in the Octagon Room
8 July 2019
£30 for the block of 4 sessions
£10 per individual session
The Octagon Room
Orleans House Gallery
Baby Mindful is back, in the awe-inspiring beauty of our Octagon Room.
Choose from the option of a course or four sessions, or individual classes and spend quiet, quality time learning Mindfulness techniques from a qualified practitioner. Especially tailored to new or expecting parents and their bumps or babies (pre-crawling) this course will enhance bonding between you and your baby, promote calm and offer the opportunity to meet other local parents.
Taking inspiration from the visual and emotional impact of the gallery’s artworks and surroundings, sessions will include mindful movement, creative mindfulness sessions and guided meditation practice.
It doesn’t matter whether you are brand new to mindfulness or well-practiced, as sessions will be suited to all levels.
Each session will be different, and will build upon techniques learnt in previous sessions, so we encourage block booking. You can choose to book the course 4 sessions at a discounted rate, or book individual sessions separately.
The course concludes with a top-up Mindful Eating lunchtime session which can be booked separately.
Monday 8th July – Week 1: Mindfulness and the Stress Response
Monday 22nd July – Week 2: Mindful Movement – Body in Mind
Monday 29th July – Week 3: Creatively Mindful – Art as Meditation
Monday 19th August – Week 4: Mindful Self Compassion and Gratitude
Friday 9th August – Mindful Eating Lunchtime Session. Full details here.
What to expect
Sessions will provide parents with the opportunity to learn how to parent more mindfully, whist providing a calming experience for babies. Resources on the course will also include take away practices for your growing children and to support family life in general and going forward.
The long-term health benefits of practicing Mindfulness include improved coping strategies, better sleep, increased focus, deeper relaxation and feeling better equipped to deal with everyday stresses.
The course will be run by experienced mindfulness practitioner, Sam Weerasinghe of SamMantra. www.sammantra.com
10 – 10.15 – Settling in, tea and coffee
10.15 – 11.15 – Mindfulness session
11.15 – 11.45 – Tea, coffee and social
- The gallery is fully accessible to buggies and there is free parking onsite.
- We are happy to provide a quiet feeding area upon request if anyone would like one.
- There are baby change facilities on site. Please note that changing cannot take place in the session space.
- The 4 session course is not suitable for babies who can crawl or walk. Crawlers and walkers are very welcome at the Mindful Eating Lunchtime top up session.
- Do ensure you arrive by 10am for the course of 4. If you arrive after the session start at 10.15am you may not be able to access the room so as not to disturb other participants.
- Please enter via the gallery’s main entrance adjacent to the Octagon Room.
We recommend booking to avoid disappointment, however drop-in places may be available on the day on a first-come-first-served basis.