See Saw Explore: Colour
9 October 2020
10.15–11.15am or 12–1pm
Payment per mat is: £6 for one adult and a child, £10 for two or three children and an adult.
Orleans House Gallery
Join us for See Saw Explore, our new early years arts and creative play sessions taking place at Orleans House Gallery. This week we are exploring the theme of colour.
Each session will explore a theme and invite you to See, Create and Imagine through multi-sensory activities, arts and crafts and imaginative tasks that are rooted in the elements of art and are inspired by the gallery’s current exhibitions, building and grounds.
Our sessions focus on delivering the EYFS outcomes and are designed for 18 + months although all children under five are warmly welcome.
We advise wearing comfortable, weather-appropriate shoes and clothing to the sessions. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Sessions are on Friday morning from either 10.15-11.15am or 12-1pm.
2, 9, 16, 23 October (there is no session on 30 October for half term)
6, 13, 20, 27 November
Spaces are limited due to Covid-19 restrictions and must be booked online in advance. Tickets are non-refundable, though do contact us to swap your day if your child is unwell in the morning. If we are sold out, you can join our waiting list by emailing here with the date, your preferred time and a telephone number to reach you on.
Payment: Families will pay per mat that they use. Mats are for a maximum of 4 people, must include a grown-up and participants must be from the same household or support bubble. The mats are socially distanced from one another. Mats are charged as follows:
£6 charge for one child and one adult.
£10 for two or three children and an adult.
Babes in arms can attend for free with an older sibling, but count towards your number on the mat. If you have two children aged 6 months and 3 years, you will still pay £6.
We do offer free spaces to those that have a Family Pass from Orleans House Gallery. You may be eligible if you are receiving certain benefits. Please email to enquire about booking a free space here.
For your additional safety we have made the following changes to your visit:
- As per Government restrictions, face coverings are now compulsory for adults and children over 11 years of age in enclosed spaces.
- In certain areas of Orleans House Gallery, a one-way system is in operation. Please follow the directional signage.
- We have increased the cleaning of our public spaces to keep visitors safe.
- Capacities in certain areas will be limited so we may ask you to wait before entering some spaces.
- Hand sanitiser locations will be available throughout our buildings.
- In line with new rules around people not meeting in groups larger than 6, we have restricted our numbers to 6 families and these will be expected to social distance from one another where possible.
- To support the NHS Track and Trace system, we will be taking visitors’ names and contact numbers on arrival. Details will be stored separately and securely and disposed of after 21 days. Within the 21 days, we will only share the details with the NHS Tracing team, and only if they request it.
- We will no longer allow food or drinks in the session other than bottles and breastfeeding. Families are welcome to have a quick snack outside if they need to.
- The Stables Gallery will be shut to the general public during the session.