Sunday Afternoon Art Online
Whilst we were unable to deliver our usual family art workshops, Orleans House Gallery has been busy during lockdown creating activities for families to do together at home.
Activities are designed for children aged 4 upwards and based around the Orleans House Gallery Collection. We have 12 weeks of activities for you to do.
1. Process Weaving – click on the link to learn how to use wool and paper for this simple weaving technique.
2. Doodle with Poodle – try your hand at doodling a poodle with this simple drawing activity.
3. Miniatures – click to learn about taking pictures of your small toys out and about.
4. Recycled Rockets – click to learn how to use recycled materials at home to make a rocket. What else can you make?
6. Octagon Room Colouring – click and print off or download and colour this fun sheet.
7. When the Queen Comes to Tea – make a crown and design a dinner plate fit for the Queen.
8. Terrible Tom and the Hidden Treasure – listen to our three storytelling sessions all about Terrible Tom and make some crafts inspired by the stories.
9. Reassembling the Collection: Accidental Owls – create your own owl assemblage from recycled materials.
10. Reassembling the Collection: Fantastic Fez – did you know that Sir Richard Burton, the Victorian Explorer, who we house the collection of, wore a Fez?
Explore Mindfulness and Creative Activities over two weeks:
12. Mindful Play 2 – and have a go at using colouring to support the activities.