Friday 27 November 2020
We are Reopening on Wednesday 2 December
We are delighted to announce that following the latest government guidance Orleans House Gallery will be reopening to the public on 2 December. A huge thank you to everyone that has supported us during lockdown, from joining our first ever virtual Richmond Lit Fest, to signing up to our online See Saw Explore sessions, and by keeping spirits high by sharing your autumnal photographs of the gallery woods and gardens during your walks.
We are very excited to be welcoming you through our doors once again, and just in time for Christmas shopping.
To make your visit as safe as possible please make note of the guidelines below:
- As per Government restrictions, face coverings are compulsory and must be worn inside the gallery and café, unless you are exempt. Exemption badges are available at the front desk.
- Inside the gallery you should only visit with members of your own household. Please maintain social distancing from others outside of your household.
- In certain areas of Orleans House Gallery, a one-way system will be required. Please follow the directional signage.
- We have increased the cleaning of our public spaces to keep visitors safe.
- Capacities in certain areas will be limited so we may ask you to wait before entering some spaces.
- Hand sanitiser locations are available throughout our buildings.
- To support the NHS Track and Trace system, we will be taking visitors’ names and contact numbers on arrival. There is a QR code to use the NHS app or alternatively you can sign in using our paper form. Details will be stored separately and securely and disposed of after 21 days. Within the 21 days, we will only share the details with the NHS Tracing team, and only if they request it. We only require one person from your group to sign in.
Because shopping time has been reduced this year, we are celebrating the re-opening of the Shop at Orleans House Gallery by significantly reducing the prices on our fabulous range of Christmas baubles so that you and your family can have even more fun decorating the tree!
Octagon 300 will reopen in the Main Gallery. Blow away the lockdown cobwebs with this bright pink installation celebrating the 300th anniversary of the creation of the Octagon Room. Find out more here
Mindscapes: a Journey through Mental Health will reopen in the Stables Gallery. This poignant exhibition curated by Richmond Borough Mind brings local artists together to explore the relationship between art and mental health. Find out more here
The Stables Café
The Stables Café will reopen its seating and tables outside. Please note that tables inside the café will be for same households only. For regular updates follow them on Instagram: @orleanshousecafe