25 March – 29 July 2022
Orleans House Gallery
Have fun exploring art skills and techniques in our new fortnightly Friday morning workshops for 2–5-year-olds.
Join artist Abigail Hunt to explore playful and creative environments for early years children and their accompanying adults. Through building, making, playing and investigating you and your child will work together to make and experience images, sculptures, textures, sounds and light.
These workshops have been designed to nurture creativity and curiosity, and support early years skill development in communication, co-ordination and social interaction.
Abigail Hunt is a visual artist and a freelance arts educator, who has been facilitating creative projects and creating resources for families in galleries for over twenty years. She has extensive experience working with the early years age group, believing that workshops for very young children are about the whole experience and creating unique opportunities for moments of shared exploration between children and adults, where they can be equal in their creativity.
Abigail has worked with many different galleries and organisations including Whitechapel, Studio Voltaire, Southwark Park Gallery, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Tate Modern and Britain.
- Booking for each participating child is essential. Tickets are £6 with a concession price of £4 available for those who need it.
- Sessions are drop in and your ticket allows you to arrive when you choose. Last entry is at 12.30pm.
- Children must always be accompanied by an adult throughout.
- Activities are designed for children aged 2-5 years, though younger and older children are welcome to attend too if you feel they will still enjoy the event.
- Please wear clothes suitable for making art in!
Dates & Times
Sessions run from 10.30am-1pm with last admission at 12.30pm. Our summer dates for 2022 are as follows:
- Friday 25 March
- Friday 22 April
- Friday 6 May
- Friday 20 May
- Wednesday 1 June *
- Friday 17 June
- Friday 1 July
- Friday 15 July
- Friday 29 July
All workshops take place at Orleans House Gallery
*During Half term, older siblings are welcome to attend as well. Please purchase a ticket for any sibling under 10 years of age.
Sign up to our mailing list to keep up to date with all events for children and families.