Friday 22 May 2020
See Saw @ Home – Colour
We are pleased to bring you SeeSaw @ Home – 9 weeks of activities for ages 5 and under to do with a grown-up. New activities will be released on Friday mornings and we’ll explore a different theme each week.
This week we’re exploring Colour.
Scroll down to find the artwork from the Borough Art Collection that has inspired us this week. Then join us to See and Imagine with some Tail Time, before we Create and complete a craft activity.
See and Imagine: Tail Time
This is an oil painting by artist, Philip Connard called Anemones.
What colours can you see in the painting?
The friendly mice from Orleans House have brought us Connard’s painting for our storytelling. With the help of an inquisitive butterfly, let’s explore the painting and the colours we see.
If you wish, you can grab some items from home to use during the storytelling.
These items are:
- A piece of ribbon – anything you can wiggle – or you could wriggle your body
- Dress up wings or a scarf or you can make a butterfly ring – see the activity video below
Now you are ready, watch the video.
Create: Now find out how to make a butterfly ring.
To make a butterfly ring, you’ll need:
- Some card – it could be from a clean, dry food packet i.e. a cereal box
- A piece of paper – any colour
- Some scissors – always supervise and help children with scissors
- Colouring pencils or pens
There is an accessible walkthrough document below the video, should you prefer to follow this.
What colours can you see on your butterfly ring?
We hope you have enjoyed this week’s See Saw @ Home.
Do share with us your pictures and let us know your thoughts using #SeeSawAtHome #OrleansHouseGallery
Check out another See Saw @ Home activity here: